Gowanus Darkroom is a community oriented group darkroom located in Gowanus Brooklyn. We provide photographers with the necessary space and equipment required to produce traditional darkroom photographs. Additionally, we provide studio and gallery space and hold classes and workshops. Our goal is to help preserve a diminishing artform and provide an affordable service for others to practice and learn about pre-digital photographic processes.
Group Darkroom Features:
- 10 enlarger stations.
- Black & white enlargers.
- All enlargers accept 35mm, medium format, and 4x5 films.
- Capable up to 20x24.
- Equipped with grain focusers, easels, filters, and dodge & burn tools.
- One 8x10 enlarger station.
- Two gang sinks with built in water filters and temperature controls.
- Dektol and Kodak chemicals.
- Guillotine paper cutter.
- Gralab timers.
- Delta OC safelights.
- Archival 16x20 print washer ("the printwasher" by Oriental).
- Drying racks.
- Drum and flat print dryers.
- Heat Press.
Film Processing Area:
- 10 foot sink with built in water filters and temperature controls.
- Metal/plastic tanks and reels.
- D76 and Kodak chemistry.
- Gralab, digital, and Time-o-Lite timers.
- Film washers.
- Film dryer.
- Light table.
- Black out film changing room.
Color Darkroom is separated from the group darkroom by blackout curtains. There are 2 enlargers available to rent, and one table top print processor.
Facilities also include:
- Epson V700 flatbed film scanner.
- Canon IPF8300 44In. printer.
- Jobo CP2 color processor.